Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Hexie First ?!?

Good Day!
I think I have a Hexie Swap first!
I am away on vacation to northern and central California in late Feb and early March.
My hexie swap for February was to Jacquelene of  ,  who lives about 80 miles from Sonoma California.
As I was going to be in her neck of the woods, so to speak, I contacted her to do an in person swap so we could both post the pictures on our blogs! 
She said yes!
So, here we are at her home.  We also exchanged some gifts with our hexie swap.  I gave her 3 FQs I picked up in San Bruno Ca, and she gave me.... homemade apple pie filling, canned in a jar!
Wowwie, I think I won the swap.
Here we are....
Of course, that is little Adrianne, Jacquelene's little girl.  You can see more pictures of Adrianne on Jacquelene's blog.
Here is a picture of Jacquelene's hexie I made for her.  Unfortunately, our camera puts a yellow sheen with a close up picture.  The petals are a pretty blue with pink flowers, alternating roses and bleeding hearts I think.  The solid is the same colour blue as the background in the petals, but you can't tell.
It was so nice to meet Jacquelene and her family.  She is such a nice lady and very friendly.  Her family and home were cute too!
You may be able to see in the picture above, the hexie Jacquelene gave me was red and white printed flowers.  Very cute!  On to March's flower...
Have a great day!
Take care, Leslie

9 comments:

  1. What fun to be able to swap in person!! I wonder if I could just pop over real quick to Canada and the States to do that! I wish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's got to be the best way to do a swap - in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was WONDERFUL having you come by!! I wish we had been able to sit and visit more! Adrianne was soo funny when you left - she said "Less go to anada?" I couldnt help but laugh! I hope your travels have continued to be safe! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun twist THAT would be... if we could all hand-deliver our swap hexies!!!! Such a treat for you ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I just discovered a fellow blogger close to my town earlier today. We're trying to make a plan to get together. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's so neat!!
    Anybody close to West Palm Beach, FL?
    Happy sewing
    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cool!! How nice to get to met each other in person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love you all to visit me one day. It would be great to out a face to a hexie! lol. Two of my 'bucket' list objectives is to visit the Houston Quilt Show one year and Moda.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful to get together like that! I'd have to travel to the UK to do my March swap :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment telling us what wondrous flowers are growing in your hexie gardens