Wednesday, November 2, 2011

garden complete...

Hi all,
Just a little show and tell to share a picture of my quilted Hexie garden quilt.
Thanks to everyone who swapped a flower to add to my garden. Hope you can spot yours in the top. After a month of hand quilting it just needs the binding. I am very happy to have it done.
Thanks to Jane for the hard work she does organising this swap.
Happy stitching
Marina

(the quilt is sitting on top of a Queen size bed and just covers the top.
There are about one hundred-104 flowers that make up the top, not including the green half flowers around the edges.)

9 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! I am thinking of making a quilt with mine though, although this is my first month of swapping so a long way to go yet!
    Gemma
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wauh, your flowergarden quilt has turned out lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for the picture... this gives me a really good idea of how many flowers I will need. I do love the white background... i have been thinking about using black but have a ways to go before I decide on that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! I love the butterflies that you added to the border. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just great, Marina. So spring-like and refreshing. Love the border - it sets it off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL!! Thank you for adding insperation to what I see in my head for my quilt. Your butterflies are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your beautiful quilt. You have done a wonderful job and I am glad the swap inspired you and filled your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is beautiful gives me ideas thanks

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment telling us what wondrous flowers are growing in your hexie gardens