Friday, February 1, 2013

February list sent

Hi all,

I've just sent out the February 2013 lists.  If you did not receive it and think you should have, or if you see anything on the list that looks incorrect, please let me know as soon as possible.

We have said good-bye to quite a few participants over the last couple of months.  Cynthia Landrie, Geniene Barbour, Hanne Hector Schroeder, Doris Gloger, Dawn Goodan, Deb Pflager  and our beloved Jane Davidson have all opted to leave the swap.

I have accepted two new people into the swap.  Please welcome Judith Reynolds who joined us in January and Nora Brough who is joining us this month.  I have also told a third person who enquired about joining that she can join in March is she is still interested.  There is one more spot available is anyone has a friend who is keen to join.

I have been trying to get the group a little more cohesive.  I have sent e-mails to everyone.  I heard back from Anette Johannsen, Beverly Kirk, Joke Roodenburg and Shannon Wagstaff - who I had not included in the January list because they hadn't responded.  All four are keen to continue on and assured me they are either caught up or will get caught up and will let their swap partners know they are going to send the hexies.  I haven't heard from Barbara Turner, Janelle Bidois Debra Hendrie or Natalie Sloley and am removing them from the list.

I am really pleased that there seem to be more posts showing flowers sent and received.  It would be ultra nice if we tried to comment on others posts showing their flowers.

Jane Kerr forwarded me a question that I don't have an answer for - can anyone else give her some advice?


"I'm beginning to add outer rows to my hexagon flowers and have found that a few of them are smaller in comparison. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

These I will have to set aside for individual projects.

Those that are using thinner papers, is that making the difference?

Thanks for your time ."

And last, but definitely not least, I was overwhelmed to receive some lovely hexies as a "thank-you" for taking over coordinating this swap.  My post mistress said to my hubby "Janet gets such pretty mail."

Thank-you so much Jane Kerr for these lovely hexies...and the super pretty envelope and notepaper...


And thank-you Gayle Arnold for these beautiful hexies and the pretty envelope (and the stamps - I love getting stamps on my mail and I save them all :))



XO to all.  Hope you have a good month of hexie flower making...

Janet 

1 comment:

  1. HI Hexi Fans!

    I have been using scrap cardstock that seems to be the same weight as the purchased hexis. I am using a Accuquilt cutter for accuracy. Is the weight of the paper different enough to cause a problem? Let me know.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment telling us what wondrous flowers are growing in your hexie gardens