Saturday, February 2, 2013

hexagon size problems

When I joined this group, I could not buy hexagon patterns locally.  I printed hexagon patterns from the internet.  Although the patterns measured one inch, I discovered that they were actually slightly smaller.  It could have been caused by the printer I don't know.  This may be a possible reason that Jane is finding some of her flowers to be smaller.
I replaced all of the flowers that I had made and sent out using those computer printouts, after I managed to find a source in Canada for the hexagon card stock patterns.  Thankfully I didn't have to replace many flowers.
Coralie in Canada

4 comments:

  1. Where have you found them in Canada Coralie? I bought my last round from the US and even though they were listed as "papers" they are a light cardstock. I like the paper much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got them from Katja's Quilt Shoppe in Kamloops, B.C. They are made by an american company Paper Pieces, and they are a light card stock. I wanted a bulk order of the hexagon cards and she ordered them for me when I was on a quick trip through that area.

      Delete
  2. Hi, i have also printet from the internet and they were also to small - i figured out that the check mark in "fit to papersize" must be removed

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have bought and used the Paper Pieces brand and really like them. You can use them over and over again. I have used some of mine probably about 5 or 6 times before they become to flimsy to continue to use.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment telling us what wondrous flowers are growing in your hexie gardens