Monday, June 3, 2013

Civil War fabrics

Hi all,

Cindy sent me the following e-mail.  Since I am about as much in the dark as she is about civil war fabrics I am putting this out there for others who know more about it to respond.

Hi Friends,
Please forgive my ignorance--what exactly are Civil War Fabrics?? If someone could post a picture of a few it would be helpful. I asked my local--very small quilt store and they pulled out a few fabrics with no rhyme or reason and said they may be considered Civil War Fabrics. Is it the muted coloring that makes it a Civil War Fabric or is it the design. Are they small florals  or larger prints. Please friends I would love some guidance  here. I have notice that several swappers want Civil War Fabrics--I would love to get it right!
Thanks so much--I'm happy to be part of such a talented group of 'stitchers'!! 


Cindy

Thank you to others who answer!!

Janet 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for posting this Janet. I'm glad I am not the only one in the dark!!
    Let's hope we get some helpful guidance.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment telling us what wondrous flowers are growing in your hexie gardens