Saturday, May 17, 2014

Swapper Profile - Anne-Lise


Today we are meeting Anne-Lise.  Such a pretty name. :) 

Anne-Lise lives in Slagelse, Denmark.  This is what Wikipedia has to say about it.  "Slagelse, a town in east Denmark, is in Slagelse municipality on the island of Zealand. It is about 100 km (62 mi) southwest of Copenhagen. The population is 32,005 (1 January 2014).[1]
In the 11th century, Slagelse had a mint and was an important trading center. The city has an 11th-century church, and nearby is Trelleborg, a Viking fortress.
Hans Christian Andersen studied in the grammar school in this city for a few years but described it as a "nuisance"."
Hmmm.... I wonder what old Hans meant by that!!

Can you see Slagelse on the map below?  It's on Sealand Island (not Zealand, Wikipedia).   Anne-Lise doesn't live very close to Haderslev where Anette lives.  I wonder if they know each other.




Anne-Lise has this to say...

"I am 71 years old, retired and a widow. I have no children of my own but a stepdaughter with two boys. I have been quilting for 8 years."

Short but sweet, Anne-Lise.  It is lovely to get to know you.  And Anne-Lise sent a photo of herself.  I would have guessed she was about 50 years old....or maybe 40....



Janet 

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I was born in northern Germany, not far from Cuxhaven and I lived in Omaha, NE USA
    and I love making hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne Lise!
    It is very nice to meet you! I live in Georgia USA! have fun making your hexies!
    xo jan

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment telling us what wondrous flowers are growing in your hexie gardens