Saturday, May 24, 2014

Swapper Profile - Shannon

This week we are meeting Shannon.  And here she is :) 

"Hello everybody my name is Shannon. I am a 42 year old homemaker in a small town in Idaho. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for almost 24 years. We have three children. My oldest son is married to a great young lady and has a sweet little girl who is almost one and a second girl baby on the way. My middle child, my oldest daughter, is a college student. She is working on a Bachelors Degree in Business Management. When she is not away at school she lives with us and we sew a lot. My youngest daughter is about to graduate high school. She has a few more weeks and then she will move onto the next step in her life. Both girls will be going to the same college so I will be a true empty nester in September. Looking forward to it with a heavy heart. 

I have been sewing for over 20 years but only got into quilting about 4 years ago. We had been taking care of my husbands sick dad and after he passed away I needed something to fill my days. A friend introduced me to quilting blogs and I was hooked. I have been quilting since then. I have made at last count over 25 quilts. I love donating them so most of them go to charities. I always have quilting on the brain. I am amazed I can get anything else done. Good thing my kids were old enough to care for themselves. Ha ha!! 

I was diagnosed with Adult Onset Still's Disease in 1999 when I was 27. My youngest daughter was three. I was in so much pain that I could not function. I have not updated this website in a while but if you would like to read more about my illness go here.


I love making Hexies. I have been a member of this group for over three years and have collected over 80 flowers. I recently decided to start making my collection into a quilt. I am ringing each of my red, orange, or yellow flowers in a solid red, orange, or yellow. Then I will go around each flower in black and link them up. I can't wait until it is done!! 

Thank you so much to everyone for making flowers for my garden!!"

Edited to add:  Shannon also has a blog - http://nunusquiltworld.blogspot.com/ - where she writes about quilting and her family and a few other things.  Check it out! 

Your quilt sounds like it will be super pretty Shannon!!  It is lovely to get to know you better.  I hope others will drop in and say hi.

Janet 



3 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon,
    It is very nice to meet you. My only daughter is in college, so I know how you feel about the empty nest looming. It took me a while to realize that now was the time for me to enjoy things that I like to do. You will fill your days and enjoy seeing your children grow. I hope that you are doing better these days. I followed your link and read about the disease. My sister suffers from fibromyalgia, which sounds pretty tame compared to Stills, but she has a pretty rough time of it. Your flowers and your plan for them sound wonderful. I cannot wait to see your quilt. Take care and it is very nice to meet you! xo jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon!! It is nice to get to know you!! We are neighbors if you recall - I'm in Logan, UT!! I too went to your blog post to learn more about Stills. Wow!! You are a strong woman!! Where are your kids going to college?? I am looking forward to seeing your quilt!! With the three colors, it will be stunning!! Take care of yourself!! Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment telling us what wondrous flowers are growing in your hexie gardens