Saturday, August 2, 2014

August lists sent and Swapper Profile - Marie

Hi everyone,

I have sent out the August lists.  Please let me know if you think you should have received them but didn't.  

Three of our swappers are saying good-bye this month - Dawn, Susan and Anette.  But we have three new swappers joining us so our numbers remain the same!  Please say hello to Di, Penny and Wendy.

This week our profiled swapper is Marie. 

Marie lives in Krusa, Denmark.  Here is some of what Wikipedia has to say about the town. "Kruså ...is a Danish border town and border crossing with a population of 1,618 ..., six kilometers north of Flensburg, situated on the European route E45. It is located in Aabenraa Municipality(prior to the Municipality Reform of 2007 in Bov municipality).
On April 9, 1940, at 4:15 am German troops crossed the border here beginning the invasion of Denmark.
Until the opening of the freeway border crossing at Frøslev Kruså was the most important crossing over land to Germany."  
Not a lot of information but here is a lovely photo of the area - taken from a site about a "border run". 

Here is what Marie tells us about herself.
"I Marie Christensen are 63 years old / retired, have made patchwork for 15 years .
I am married and have 4 sons and 8 grandchildren from 4 to 16 years old.
I enjoy wery the hexies have been with the group for 3 years i nearly have hexies to a little carpet.
I also knit very much, i enjoy making all things with my hands.
I am not so good at englich, but i hope you can get the point of my words."

I am impressed with your English Marie.... So much better than my Danish!  I am so happy that you are in the swap and to get to know more about you. 

I hope everyone will come by and say hello.

Janet 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely to meet you Marie, you sent pretty Hexies to me back in February 2012, they are now sewn into my garden Quilt, it is not finished yet, but on the way.
    Happy stitching,
    Rosalie H. Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to know more about you, Marie. I'm so glad you're part of the group.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie - I agree with Janet, your English is wonderful!! So nice to meet you and would love to see pictures once you start putting your flowers together!! Kris in Logan, Utah USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie! It is so nice to meet you! I think your English is great. I just started making hexie flowers last year so i have a long way to go. I can't wait to see pictures of your flowers together!
    Have fun stitching!
    xo Jan in Georgia USA.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment telling us what wondrous flowers are growing in your hexie gardens